One-to-one advanced training
Our free, socially distanced, one-to-one sessions are designed to build your confidence to get you where you want to go.
Would you like to make more everyday journeys by bike but lack the confidence or skills to tackle your route? We’re offering socially distant, one-to-one sessions with a qualified cycling instructor on a route of your choice in West Yorkshire.
From journey planning to cycling in traffic and tackling busy junctions and roundabouts, our free one-to-one sessions will give you the skills and confidence to travel by bike regularly to a destination, such as your workplace or college.
To take part you must:
- be aged 16+
- already have access to a roadworthy bike
- be confident cycling on traffic-free routes and, ideally, quiet residential streets.
What we offer:
- Journey planning – how to make use of segregated cycle lanes and traffic-free routes as well as quieter streets.
- Expert advice from a qualified instructor on how to cycle on the road safely, including positioning and visibility.
- How to check your bike is safe to ride and what to do if it’s not.
If you have a friend or work colleague who makes a similar journey by bike, we can offer this training to two people at the same time.
Booking your session
Free adult cycle training is being delivered in partnership with Cycle North, supported by Colne Valley Cycle Therapy, Calderdale Council, Bradford Capital of Cycling, Hop On, MMCIC and BeCycling.
The project is supported by our partners Bradford Council, Calderdale Council, Kirklees Council, Leeds City Council and Wakefield Council.
To book a session, please use the information below to contact our partners in the district where you live:
- Bradford – email@example.com
- Calderdale – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kirklees - email@example.com
- Leeds – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wakefield – email@example.com
For further information on free adult cycle training, contact Cycle North at 07306 322391 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have access to a roadworthy bike?
There are several organisations across West Yorkshire that may be able to help with servicing and repairs:
- MCF Bikery, Shipley
- Happy Days, Sowerby Bridge
- Bike Hub at Platform 1 and Streetbikes, Huddersfield
- The Bikes College, Leeds
Many of these organisations also sell recycled bikes. Other organisations who sell recycled bikes include:
- Leeds Bike Mill, Leeds
It’s also worth looking at Sustrans’ interactive map, which helps people find bike offers and services in their area.
As well as adhering to the latest Government regulations, our district partners and training providers will be complying with COVID-19 guidance from The Bikeability Trust and British Cycling.