Adult cycle training
Free adult cycle training is back for 2021 and available across West Yorkshire. From learning to ride for the first time to one-to-one advanced training, there’s something for everyone. See all the details at the links below.
Are you over the age of 16 and living in West Yorkshire? Would you like to cycle more but feel you lack the skills or confidence?
We’re offering free, socially distanced adult cycle training sessions with a qualified instructor.
From learning to ride for the first time or building confidence after a break from cycling to one-to-one advanced training on a route of your choice, there’s something for everyone:
Learn to ride, Beginner, Improver and Bike Maintenance training
Types of sessions
- Learn to ride – for the complete beginner
- Beginner – for the new or returning rider
- Improver - for people who want to make short road journeys safely
- Bike Maintenance – Basic or Improver
One-to-one advanced training sessions on a route of your choice
What we offer
- Journey planning – how to make use of segregated cycle lanes and traffic-free routes as well as quieter streets.
- Expert advice from a qualified instructor on how to cycle on the road safely, including positioning and visibility.
- How to check your bike is safe to ride and what to do if it’s not.
How to book
To book a session, please use the information below to contact our partners in the district where you live: